Thursday, April 29, 2010

I made a friend - already !!!!

I think i made a friend..... already ?!?! Was lingering in the Apartment Leasing Office with Munckin, (not even 24 hours since we have landed) trying to stand up straight as i dealt with jet lag removing my shades from my eyes and waited "in line", yes we don't say "queue" over here! I was commenting to Munchkin about a truck that just pulled up outside with a beautiful German Sheppard sitting quietly in the back, open top, you know the type of truck you would probably never see in Ireland, cos anything in the back would just get wet from all the rain we get. Well, a lady got out and came into the office and immediately started talking to us, attracted to the cute Munchkin of course, sure who would be looking at me?!?! She asked the standard questions like "how old is she?", "what's her name?" and then of course the third question was directed to me as she stared straight at me with a curious smile - "oh, where are you from", of course hard as i try to add a little American twang and talk slower (Soldier and i talk ridiculously fast - we are an Irish Scottish Union after all) the flat Dublin accent just comes right on out.

"We're Irish" i state.
"Oh, how fun" she replies..... and with that i'm next in line.
"Apartment Number" Mrs. Offical Leasing Office woman sais to me
"1314" i reply
and with that nice German Sheppard owner jumps in and sais" oh we're 1315, we're neighbours. Maybe my boys could play with your daughter some day?"
"Sure" i reply, "that would be nice" and i go about my business in the office, bid her goodbye and she leaves a wonderful, lasting smiling impression on my mind.

No doubt our paths will cross seeing as our front doors are 4 inches apart. Not bad for my first human Texas engagement!

No comments:

Post a Comment